IAC Asian Championships
IAC is pleased to announce that the 2022-23 IAC Asian Championships (including the History Bowl Championships, History Bee Championships, Geography Bee Championships, and the Science Bee Championships) will take place on June 16 to 18, 2023 at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa, Khao Lak, Thailand.
History Bowl Asian Championships
History Bee Asian Championships
Geography Bee Asian Championships
Science Bee Asian Championships
Academic Bowl Asian Championships
Academic Bee Asian Championships
Hotel Reservation Form
Please do NOT make hotel reservations in advance through any other method! Reservations made at the hotel in a different way (i.e. calling the hotel, using the usual hotel website, a different reservation number, or on a 3rd party website, such as hotels.com) are invalid, and any family or school booking this way will not be allowed to compete unless they reserve via the online link! For information on the hotel’s refund policy, please contact the hotel directly; International Academic Competitions is not liable for any refunds for cancelled hotel rooms or meals.
Costs for the 2023 International Academic Competitions Asian Championships
International Academic Bowl (team event – minimum of five rounds of play) – $325 USD per team of 3+ students, $265 per team of 2 students, $195 per team of 1 student)
International Academic Bee – (individual event – minimum three rounds of play) – $100 USD per student
International Geography Bee (individual event – minimum four rounds of play) – $125 USD per student
International Science Bee – (individual event – minimum four rounds of play) – $125 USD per student
International History Bee – (individual event – minimum four rounds of play) – $125 USD per student
International History Bowl (team event – minimum of five rounds of play) – $495 USD per team of 3+ students, $395 per team of 2 students, $295 per team of 1 student)
Championships Exams – $20 USD per student per exam
Shuttle fee from Phuket Airport to JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa: $25 per person each way
Please also note the following!
1. Payments may also be made in cash at the tournament site. There is a 5% surcharge on the above listed prices for paying in US Dollars, Thai Baht, or Euros, and a 10% surcharge for paying in any other currency.
2. Schools are still required to bring a reader for every two teams they bring or fraction thereof. The penalty for each missing reader is $150 for the Academic Bowl and $200 for the History Bowl. Single-student Academic Bowl or History Bowl teams are exempt from this requirement, but dual student teams are not.
3. Schools sending school teams in the History Bowl are also required to provide one reader for each individual Bee competition in which they have at least two competing students. If there are 9-16 students from a school competing in an individual Bee, then two readers must be provided (and 3 readers for 17-24 students, etc.) A missing reader in each Bee competition incurs a $100 penalty. The penalty fees are used to pay for outside staff to make up the shortfall.
4. Schools are also required to provide one competition room for the History Bowl if they have 1-3 teams, and two rooms if they are bringing 4 or more teams. There is a $150 fee per missing room that is required if this cannot be provided. Solo student teams are exempt from this requirement.
5. If payments (including any fees for not providing readers and/or hotel rooms for games) are not received by 1pm Thailand time on Sunday, June 18, then a 15% surcharge will be added to any outstanding amounts.
6. Exchange rates are calculated by the interbank exchange rates posted at www.xe.com at the time payment is received.
7. Refund and cancellation policies:
– You can cancel your registration for free (minus a $50 refund fee regardless of the amount) until June 1, 2023 (which is the registration deadline) by emailing email@example.com.
– Teams and students dropping between June 2, 2023 and June 7, 2023 owe 50% of their registration fees. Participants / schools are liable to pay these registration fees regardless of whether or not they have actually submitted payment, as by this point, we need to have hired and paid for staff, their travel, and the awards based on our original registration numbers.
– Teams and students dropping on or after June 8, 2023 owe 100% of their registration fees. Participants / schools are liable to pay these registration fees regardless of whether or not they have actually submitted payment, as by this point, we need to have hired and paid for staff, their travel, and the awards based on our original registration numbers.